top of page

Water tower

History and moving of the water tower. Built in Wasatch Utah in 1917 for the increase of steam locamotive traffic and larger locamotives being introduced. The tower is all steel ,weighing empty 22+ tons. It holds 65,000 gallons of water adding 272 + tons to the tower. A spring S E of the tower fed a reservoir which pumped water to the tower. After many years of back and forth with Union Pacific, the Round House Restoration committee was given the tower. We will be raising the money to move it 10 miles to it's last resting place at the Evanston Historic Round House

bottom of page